Dougie Milne Photography Logo

Pittencrieff House, Dunfermline

Pittencrieff House, Dunfermline  - Copyright Dougie Milne Photography 2015

Click on picture for buying options


Pittencrieff House was built by Sir Alexander Clerk of Pittencrieff as a simple laird's house with two stories and an attic in around 1635. Andrew Carnegie bought the house and the surrounding estate in 1902, and gifted them to the people of Dunfermline.

It is now a museum at the centre of one of Scotland's most attractive public parks.

This picture was taken on 20 October 2015.